Being a member of a volunteer fire department such as ours opens up many benefits and opportunities to you including pension funds, life insurance, education and even employment. Many of our members began as volunteers and are now career Firefighters or EMTs in a municipality or county or are employed in private sector jobs related to Fire/Rescue/EMS in part thanks to the initial training and experience gained in our department.
Other benefits include:
- Department Paid Pension/Retirement (see below)
- Life Insurance Plans
- Home and Auto Insurance Plans
- Free Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance ($25,000 whether on or off duty)
- Free Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Discounted Phone Plans
- Relief Fund Access
- Educational Incentives and Reimbursement
- Educational Scholarships
- Tax Incentives
- Discounts and Special Memberships to Many Organizations and Businesses/Attractions
- Career Opportunities in Fire, EMS or related Field
For a full list of benefits through the NCSFA, click here.
NC Fire and Rescue Pension Fund
As a member of our department you are eligible to enroll in the NC Firefighters Pension Fund. Contribution dues are $10.00 per month which is fully paid for by the department so long as you meet department training and call response minimums and remain in good standing with the department. After 20 years of service and being at least age 55, you may apply to receive your monthly pension benefit which is currently $170.00.